BettingJobs.com are working with an established operator who are looking for a Head of Compliance to join their team. You shall be responsible for leading and developing the Compliance team covering all corporate, regulatory, and operational compliance matters for the business activities. This role is part of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and the successful candidate will lead the global compliance team in the international jurisdictions in which our client operates.
• Managing a global team of compliance professionals, including AML, Fraud, Responsible Gambling, Technical, Data Protection, Regulatory, and Corporate compliance sub-units and overseeing all related matters in each jurisdiction where our client offers gaming services to end-users and business partners;
• Design and embed a Compliance governance structure across the organization
• Guide and advise the Executive board to ensure that Compliance strategy is fully aligned with business objectives and risk appetite
• Constructing the corporate, regulatory, and operational compliance functions of our client's gambling business, including:
o Supporting the Legal team on gaming license applications and renewals;
o Establishing a compliance monitoring program to conduct dip sampling and curtail compliance risk proactively;
o Third party audit management in partnership with Operations, IT, Finance, People, and other delivery teams, ongoing regulatory compliance required for license maintenance and good standing;
o Development of internal controls, permissible solutions, and generation of required reports in jurisdictions where our client holds gaming licenses in areas of AML, Fraud, Responsible Gambling, and Customer Disputes.
o Policy portfolio management, including drafting and updating global corporate compliance policies and local jurisdictional policies pursuant to license requirements
o Development and oversight a data protection program for protection of privacy and data security policies, and rights/asset protection;
• You will work with the Sportsbook team, Casino team, Legal department, and external advisors to drive proactive alignment to all jurisdictions where our client offers its services, ensuring each team is equipped to follow internal controls, protocols, and procedures for a compliant operation.
• Provide compliance guidance to Operations, Marketing, Customer Support, IT, and Finance teams to maintain suitability in licensed jurisdictions and effectively enter new regulated markets; adopting a pragmatic approach to protect revenues while complying with regulation in each jurisdiction in which our client operates.
• Provide key stakeholder input to departments and individuals leading business change projects, change programmes and product roadmaps, ensuring an inherently compliant delivery capability aligned to the strategic risk appetite
• Establishing a procedure to document, record, and retain investigation processes and outcomes, both internal and external, to maintain an auditable history and repository that can be submitted to external auditors or regulators as needed.
• Ensuring reporting requirements to all regulators (where applicable) are completed in a timely and sufficient manner; including integrity, responsible gambling, AML, fraud, and customer complaints
• Support the management of regulatory relationships in connection with the Regulatory Affairs Manager and team, including the assessment and resulting activity from incoming communications
• Analysis of potential and actual regulatory developments, direction of travel, and horizon scanning to position board level advisory updates, and drive future proof decision making
• Oversight, management, and enforcement of all corporate and regulatory policies, including, amongst others, Codes of Conduct for Vendors/Suppliers, Whistleblowing, Confidentiality, KYC, AML, ABC, Fraud, Responsible Gambling, Consumer Rights, Privacy, and Data Protection policies.
• Create a process of procedures, escalations, and approvals for all regulatory requirements, including marketing communications, customer dispute resolution, responsible gambling initiatives and self-exclusion identification, etc., and deliver timely approvals & feedback to internal teams and external agencies involved
• Managing expectations, advising executive management on compliance risks, and managing the overall risk profile of our client's global business decisions
• Champion collaborative ways of working within, and across teams and departments, and an ambassador for Operational Excellence within the Compliance function
• Any other tasks as it may be required from time to time.
• Minimum 6 years' post qualification experience capable of managing a global compliance department in the sports betting and iGaming industries.
• University degree required; additional post-graduate or continued education desired (ACAMS and/or ICA qualified)
• Experience with sophisticated gaming regulatory bodies in Europe is mandatory, whilst experience including the Maltese Gaming Authority is preferred.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proven ability to build and lead an effective team, develop talent, and provide a continually improving capability to the business
• Motivated to take on challenges and quickly evaluate risk to make an informed recommendation to executive leadership.
• Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and highly regulated industry under pressure while leading and empowering a progressive and dynamic team.
• Lead and support key projects and initiatives, and effectively communicate strategies across the team, Department and Business.