Country Manager - Germany
To be the central point of contact and P/L responsibility for the growth of both the product and
content for our large German Language Sports and Casino Networks including brands such as
sportwette.net, tippinsider.com and casinobonus360.com with a core focus on the German market.
This role is to be based in Malta, UK, Germany or remote as a consultant.
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
• The role will involve managing a product team and coordinating with Commercial, Content,
SEO, Marketing and development teams
• Reporting into the General Manager EMEA, this role will be responsible for the ultimate goal
of increasing German Revenues and optimising a portfolio of products
• Liaise regularly with Commercial teams to ensure the best deals are in place and providing
local knowledge and context.
• Identify key areas for potential growth and propose new commercial ideas to the wider
• Work to drive product optimisation and development to lead to increased conversion rates
and improved revenue.
• Work closely with product teams to develop sites to support advertising, UGC content and
other revenue-driving tech.
• Develop a proactive strategy to ensure Germany is delivering the best content to its users
with a clear knowledge of each site’s mission statement and objective.
• Be fully aware of any commercial agreements that are live and ensuring the team are briefed
with what is expected of them.
• Provide regular reports to senior management
• Provide regular updates from research into legislation changes or updates within the market
and be responsible for the required compliance.
• Oversee regular health checks of the sites, checking important issues such as GEO targeting,
SEO and UX/UI.
• Contribute significantly to all social and content strategies for Germany; including an
audiovisual approach to content.
• Work with the content teams/agencies and challenge them to ensure their sites are
achieving as much as they possibly can by inspiring innovative ideas and initiatives.
• Set high standards in every aspect of the role and manage your teams to success
• Work in partnership with the Country Manager Germany Gaming Network and optimise the
effective and efficient use of resources
• Ensure all content and marketing activity is compliant and to a high standard
TO DO IT, YOU WILL NEED:
• Proven experience in a like-for-like product environment or setup
• Extensive experience in sports betting and the German Market
• Gambling affiliation and/or gambling country management experience highly desirable
• Commercially driven with impeccable localised market, sports and gambling knowledge
• Significant SEO knowledge and strong knowledge of all other digital disciplines, you know
how to drive acquisition and optimise performance
• Excellent communication vital to lead a dynamic team
• Comfortable using social media and suggesting content strategies on the various platforms
• Excellent reporting, analysis and presentation skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment
• Self-motivated team player with a can-do attitude
• Willingness to attend networking events and represent the client
WHAT DOES LEADERSHIP MEAN TO US?
As a People Manager you are expected to lead yourself and others, and to do so effectively. This Job
Description clarifies what is expected from you in your role as a People Manager. This does not
mean that you need to behave in the exact same way as other leaders in the organisation; every
leader is unique by personality and style.
What will make you a great People Manager?
Media is the ability to apply the skills, behaviours and methods outlined below in the right moment,
and understand in which situations that you need to lead, manage or coach.
• Managing team performance effectively through the practicing of ongoing performance
management, including conducting performance reviews and regular 1-1 meetings
• Leading by example by delivering positive results and being a visible Brand ambassador
• Communicating effectively and ensures information is delivered in a clear and timely
• Taking ownership of recruitment and selection for your team by working closely with HRBPs
and TA teams
• Enabling team and individual growth from induction stage to ongoing learning and