A very successful B2B iGaming provider are looking for a DevOps Engineer in Malta.
Forming part of our DevOps team, the DevOps Engineer owns the challenge of implementing innovative and strategic solutions for building, scaling, and relentlessly improving our development and production infrastructure. The candidate we’re looking for will be able to understand and apply our core company values of trust, transparency, accountability, and growth mindset.
• Work collaboratively as part of a small, cross-functional team
• Implement, scale, maintain and support our hosting and underlying delivery infrastructure
• Monitor and secure the entire technical stack
• Troubleshoot, identify root causes of, and remediate complex technical issues
• Implement, test, and maintain backup, fail-over, and disaster recovery systems and procedures
• Consistently achieve best-in-class levels of uptime and availability
• Automate our development, test, and deployment processes and infrastructure to the greatest extent possible, leveraging modern approaches such as CI/CD, containerization, and infrastructure as code as best suited for our context and needs
• Develop and maintain internal documentation for key systems and services
• At least 3 years of hands-on experience in setting up and maintaining AWS environments and deployment pipelines for web applications
• Experience using AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, S3)
• Experience using Linux, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, Ngnix, PSQL
• Strong experience with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell
• Experience using automation in configuring and managing CI/CD pipelines (Bash, Git, Jenkins)
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Good eye for detail
• Being able to work on your own
• Deploy software to development, staging and live environments.
• Contribute to and enhance current CI/CD pipelines to improve efficiency
Nice to have:
• Experience with queue/PubSub messaging services such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS SQS
• Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies; CloudFlare or similar
Fluency in the English language, written and spoken
We're looking to expand our team locally and you ideally already be living in Malta or willing to permanently relocate. You must be able to acquire a work permit for Malta which is part of the European Union.