BettingJobs are working with an established b2b provider within the iGaming industry. they are looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to join their team in their London office. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Working within the Legal department, the Regulatory Counsel will be responsible for various daily duties including:
• providing expert advice on specific and complex gaming matters in countries of interest.
• drafting of legal and regulatory analyses and risk assessments.
• facilitating compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• preparing regulatory, licensing and compliance documents.
• developing and maintaining relationships with national and international regulatory authorities.
• producing simple and actionable interpretations of the rules applicable for each business unit.
• taking the lead as Project Manager for regulatory projects from beginning to end, as well as implementing a compliance project.
• producing and reviewing regular reporting submitted by/to gaming authorities.
• carrying out projects related to the regulatory scope (Sports Ethics, Responsible Gaming, Anti-Money-Laundering, data protection).
• managing external law firms and ensuring firms comply with pre-agreed fee estimates
• providing legal training to trainees and internal stakeholders
• coaching, supervising and motivate junior members of the Legal team
• drafting, negotiating, and reviewing contractual agreements relating to commercial matters, insurance, corporate and other company business activities.
Qualifications and skills required:
• qualified solicitor (1 -2 PQE).
• experience dealing directly with regulators.
• ability to work on various projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• high levels of initiative, pragmatism and common sense.
• curiosity with a keenness to innovate, improve processes and drive efficiencies.
• ability to work both independently and in a team.
• inspire respect and confidence with internal and external contacts.
• attention to detail.
• literate and fluent in English; other European languages also useful.
Location: Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom.
You will like working for the legal team if you:
• thrive in a friendly and high-paced work environment.
• are curious and take the initiative by looking at new ways of doing things.
• have the ability to appreciate the commercial and legal needs of the business.
• are passionate, innovative and resourceful.
• enjoy flat structures where candour is celebrated and everyone’s opinion is valued; and
• have high expectations of yourself and your peers.