Betting Jobs are working with a successful b2b provider within the iGaming industry. They are looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to join their team in their Stockholm office. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
As Regulatory Compliance Counsel you will be part of the Global Legal Team and together ensure that the company meets all the applicable regulatory requirements, improves internal compliance procedures, and maintains a robust internal audit function. You will work closely with Technical, Product, Sportsbook Operations and Business Development teams to identify areas of the business where there is a risk of non-compliance and help develop processes, policies, and procedures to reduce the risk.
You will be based in our Stockholm office and will be working in a vibrant environment interacting with people from different nationalities and diverse background.
• Review and understand the company’s gaming license requirements in multiple jurisdictions to ensure they are being met in full.
• Provide expert advice on specific and complex gaming matters in countries of interest.
• Examine and identify the risk areas across the business and mitigate risks ensuring full compliance with all applicable regulations, legislation, company policies and best practice.
• Support teams in reviewing and creating processes as well as drafting and updating relevant documents and policies in the area of AML/CFT as well other compliance areas.
• Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organization, and develop a culture of compliance through the business.
• Assist in the gathering of internal information and requirements in response to regulatory requests.
• Prepare, produce, write, review, keep track of, and ensure consistency of regular reporting submitted by/to gaming authorities.
• Support internal investigation of compliance issues, including internal audits of an ISMS that conforms to ISO 27001.
Your skills and experience:
• Qualified Lawyer with at least 1 years of post-qualification of relevant experience in a compliance/legal environment (preferably working in highly regulated sectors and/or with AML compliance topics).
• Experience in the i-Gaming industry and international environment would be considered an asset.
• Literate and fluent in English, other European languages also useful.
• High levels of initiative, pragmatism, organization, interpersonal skills and common sense.
• Curiosity with a keenness to innovate, improve processes and drive efficiencies.
• You should thrive in a dynamic work environment, be flexible and adaptable to change.
• You have the ability to work of own initiative, manage your own tasks, take ownership and support colleagues when needed.
• Inspire respect and confidence with internal and external stakeholders.