BettingJobs are working with a global casino and sports betting operator, their brand is live in several markets. Their technology and platform is proprietary and built inhouse, they are searching for a Senior Java Developer to join one of their offices based in; Greece, Malta, Gibraltar, Spain, Armenia or Serbia. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working across a number of business areas providing development, maintenance and support
• Working as part of squads and occasionally solo developments as the business needs arise
• Discuss/Meet business stakeholders to understand the problems they wish to address
• Liaise with architects, analysts, business representatives, infrastructure specialists to jointly develop proposals for technical solutions including implementation deployment, support and troubleshooting overviews
• Scope and conduct needed Proof of Concepts when necessary
• Help identify probable causes and provide immediate solution during an incident
• Provide assistance to other developers/projects as needed
• Attend daily meetings to report on assigned tasks’ progress and attend fortnightly meetings for project planning and other meetings from time to time
• Complete tasks & deliver projects on-time and to the highest standards
• Contribute significant ideas for making the applications better and easier to use
• At least 5+ years of working experience in serving as a Java Developer working on varied type of software development projects
• Ability to write and interpret technical documentation
• Good oral and written English communication skills
• Creative, analytical, and with strong problem solving skills.
• Strong grasp of established and emerging technologies, systems, platforms, and software.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Independent but collaborative, driven, assertive, and willing to work on simultaneous projects.
• Ability to work in a team and works well under pressure and deadlines
• Background in Agile Software Development using Scrum Methodology is preferred but not required.
• Background in Online Gaming is preferred but not required
• Expert knowledge of Java and open source software (e.g. Spring)
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, preferably with Oracle databases
• Experience designing and building RESTful web service APIs
• Passion for writing high quality, rock solid software
• Previously worked on large scale multi-threaded projects
• Demonstrable knowledge of Maven and Linux
• Experience building highly transactional, high volume distributed server applications
• Knowledge of JVM monitoring and performance tuning Java applications, as well as troubleshooting issues in production
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of Asynchronous Messaging (RabbitMQ or JMS)
• Experience developing back office trading tools using GWT/Vaadin, SWT, Swing or JavaFX
• Extra points if you have developed web apps in HTML/JavaScrip