Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established iGaming/sportsbook company who have offices in several locations across Europe and Asia. They are looking for an DevOps Team Lead to join their team.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices. Conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques which could be reused and applied to the software development cycle.
● Responsible for building, testing and maintaining the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development , release and support of software in production
● Accountable for designing, building, and optimizing automation systems that help to execute business web and data infrastructure platforms.
● Involved in creating technology infrastructure, automation tools, and maintaining configuration management.
● Accountable for conducting training sessions to the juniors in the team, and other groups regarding how to build processes wherein the dependencies are showcased.
● Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
● Working on ways to automate and improve development , release and support processes for software
● Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
● Identifying technical problems and developing updates and ‘fixes’
● Working with software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
● Continuously enhance monitoring and alerting and focus on symptoms and not on outages
● Participate in post incident reviews, document findings and automate self healing jobs to reduce MTTR
● Should possess at least 5 years of work experience as a DevOps Engineer.
● Ample knowledge and experience in system automation, deployment, and implementation.
● Experience with agile planning, deployment, integration, test/validation, and configuration custom software across multiple DevOps tooling platforms
● Experienced in using Linux, Jenkins, and ample experience in configuring and automating the monitoring tools.
● Possess experience in the software development process and tools and languages like SaaS, Python, Java, Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, Go, MySQL and Git.
● Demonstrate knowledge in handling distributed data systems ELK, Grafana, application performance monitoring and packet trace analysis tools (e.g. wireshark)
● Familiar with the Linux Shell for administration and troubleshooting
● Familiar with the usage of configuration management systems like Chef, Ansible, Puppet
● Have experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies
● Hunting mentality for system uptime and performance - explore edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
● At least 8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure or software development
● BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
● Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to deliver high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction
● Must be able to work under extreme pressure with strong operational background
● Very high work ethics and personal integrity