Our client are looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to join their team. The successful candidate will be supervising team members, compiling management accounts, Tax and VAT returns, assisting with the processing of payments, along with any other financial matters as necessary.
• Coordinate work with team members to meet deadlines
• Assist with month-end processes and reporting including the closing of year preparation and processes
• Reconcile and maintain general ledger account balances
• Prepare accounts to trial balance stage for final review
• Monitor and report bank balances
• Assist with the payroll and payment processing
• Assist with the preparation of VAT returns and tax computation
• Assist in the production/checking of financial statements
• Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
• Assessing, implementing, and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Assist in the documentation of the finance processes and any changes therein
• Assist with any bank applications required and relevant KYCs
• Ensuring the accessibility of relevant KYCs always available
• Liaising with auditors and tax specialists
• Support the finance department with any other tasks assigned as required.
• 3+ years experience in a similar role;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or related field;
• Excellent technical accounting skills;
• Have an understanding of the budget process and can assist in the compilation of forecasts/budgets;
• Basic understanding of tax implications of business decisions and practices;
• Proficient in using Excel to convey information efficiently and effectively;
• Highly detail-oriented and organized;
• Problem-solving skills;
• Able to work with tight deadlines;
• Be able to manage and mentor the team.
• Ability to work office hours for a CET time zoned company.