One of the leading companies in the iGaming, Sports Betting, Poker and Casino industries are looking for an Italian Compliance Officer.
This role can be based in the UK or remote in Europe as a contractor.
Due to the growing demand for their services, the company are now recruiting for a new “Compliance Officer - Italy” to join their team to work for on a full-time permanent basis.
[bObjective of Role
The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the compliance manager with all the licence conditions of our existing Italian gambling licence. You will be the organisations advisor on Italian Compliance and therefore experience and confidence to conduct this role will be key. You will be required to oversee and manage the tasks and issues in a timely manner, and provide the necessary updates to the compliance and operations managers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a close relationship with our legal advisors and consultants based in Italy
• Controlling the end to end management of created tasks
• Handling issues received by the ADM and AGCOM
• Build and maintain a relationship with the ADM and AGCOM
• Keep senior management up to date on regulatory updates and ensure compliance is maintained
• Undertaking the end to end process of performing audits and reviews as and when required
• Being the main point of contact (consultant and authority) for Italian lawyers
• Provide additional support to the compliance manager and team where required
• Assisting the compliance team with games authorisation procedures
•Participation in ad hoc and project work as required e.g. remediation projects, process changes
• At least 1 year proven experience within a gambling compliance role
• Proven experience of Italian market
• Confident in using excel, word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of the Gambling industry
• Compliance Certification (completed or in progress) desirable
• Additional language skills (Italian) essential
Skills and how they are applied
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and advice.
• Manage own workloads and meet deadlines determined by the urgency of requests.
• Attention to detail e.g. accurate capture of data;
• Analytical and risk assessment skills;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Flexible and the ability to develop methodologies;
• Interacts with stakeholders in a professional, service-orientated manner.