Bettingjobs is working with a global iGaming leader who are now seeking to expand their Malta based team with a proactive Finance Assistant.
Purpose of the role
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for processing and preparing financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc. The Finance Assistant will also perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance Manager and help oversee and manage individual accounts.
• Maintaining financial records including posting of supplier invoices and payments, recording accruals and prepayments
• Assisting in the day-to-day tasks in the finance department
• Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other applicable accounting documents or records
• Ensuring appropriate level of authorisation and accurate general ledger/cost centre coding
• Verifying suppliers’ and service providers’ accounts by reconciling statements and related transactions
• Maintaining regular communication with our suppliers and service providers
• Assisting the team with statutory audit
• Handling payments’ processes and allocating them appropriately against the applicable invoices
• Assisting in other ad hoc finance tasks as requested by the Finance Manager from time to time
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
• A minimum of A level qualification in accounting, finance or similar
• Basic technical accounting knowledge
• Previous experience within a finance position would be considered an asset
• Good knowledge of Maltese VAT and tax legislations
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Experience of using finance tools/software would be advantageous
• Ability to take full ownership of responsibilities and adapts to a multicultural environment
• Excellent written and communication skills in English
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Good numerical skills
• Responsible and trustworthy person