Bettingjobs is working with a rapidly growing online casino seeking to expand their UK team with an iGaming experienced Financial Controller. Remote from within the UK with travel when needed to the London office.
Seeking an experienced financial controller to maintain and be responsible for the financial records of the company and assist with the day-to-day financial duties of the business.
• Prepares accounting entries as needed to ensure that all general ledger account balances are current and accurate at the end of the month.
• Ensures reconciliation of all bank accounts, PayPal accounts and funds.
• Preparation of Management accounts monthly and delivery to Head of Finance and Board members.
• Preparation and analysis of budgets per department vs actuals. This will include working with each Head of Department to ensure spend is correct and monitored.
• Maintenance of salaries with respect to joiners, leavers, pay rises, bonuses.
• Point of contact for receipt of invoices
• Reviews receipts and disbursements to determine cash position, prepares necessary journal entries, and cash transfers.
• Preparation and execution of weekly pay runs.
• Preparation of yearly financial statements.
• Assists independent auditors and internal auditors as required.
• Formulates, implements, and enforces policies and procedures for the accounting department
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree in related subject (Business, Legal, economic etc.)
• Prior experience in the gaming industry, particularly with an online casino or casino
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work
independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and
• Ability to effectively present information to staff, management, and the Board of
• Requires 8+ years’ experience
• Advanced with Xero accounting system, including an understanding on how to implement rules.
• Advanced in excel, ability to put together spreadsheets and usage of formulas
• Experience in budgeting and forecasting
• Understanding of general accounting principles i.e. IFRS
• ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent
• Fluent in English (native language preferred)