The main purpose of this role is to take care of EN>NL (Flemish) translation and transcreation tasks. Some proofreading, writing and editing of Dutch (Flemish) text will be needed too.
We need someone creative, passionate about digital content, with very strong attention to detail and a proactive attitude. The ideal candidate will be a perfectionist with a background in translation, linguistics, journalism or related field. They’ll be reporting to the Content Team Manager and working side by side with a friendly team of 10 writers and translators.
• Translating content from English to Dutch (Flemish): promotions, emails, newsletters, terms & conditions, etc.
• Transcreating SEO content and social media copy for casino and sports betting products.
• Writing blog posts.
• Translating new content for our clients’ websites.
• Proofreading, editing and updating existing content for our clients’ websites.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Dutch (Flemish) as a first language and fluency in English (essential)
• Excellent writing skills and impeccable grammar (essential)
• Experience in translation and/or localisation (essential)
• Good organisational skills (essential)
• A good eye for detail (essential)
• A degree in foreign languages/translation/journalism/creative writing (desirable)
• An understanding of marketing techniques (desirable)
• Experience in the gaming industry (desirable)
• Knowledge of Dutch language (desirable)
• Basic knowledge of HTML is an advantage
• A good knowledge of translation software is an advantage
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
The Content Team writes, proofreads and/or localises all the text needed by each and every department: Marketing, Social Media, SEO, Development, PPC, Affiliation, Games, Compliance and QA. We have an in-house team of 13 editors and translators.
The Dutch translator takes care of all content for the Belgian market, mostly translation of Marketing promotions and newsletters, blog articles and other SEO content, as well as translation of sports events and bet markets for all our sports products.
This is a highly collaborative environment, and most tasks involve many languages, so a team spirit is essential for this role. We regularly engage in grammar debates, we feed on each other’s input and we have lots of shared resources.