BettingJobs are working with a B2B platform business, they are continuing to grow rapidly and expand into new markets including the regulated North American space. They are searching for a PHP Full Stack Developer to join their team, the role is fully remote based. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
We promote and foster a highly collaborative environment, offering complete flexibility and autonomy to our staff. As we grow rapidly, we continue to maintain a start-up atmosphere where we help each other and take a holistic approach to our day-to-day responsibilities.
We’re looking for a PHP Full Stack Engineer to help work on the framework of our shared websites to maintain and deliver new functionality for features we are building. If you can juggle a number of small changes and a handful of bigger changes while keeping an eye on the bigger picture and the next generation of our tools, then we’re interested in talking to you.
● Maintaining our custom website framework and making ad-hoc requests to specific sites
● Adding new features to the website framework and to the CMS
● Improving the performance of the websites
● Working closely with Front End team to assist with changes that require PHP functionality
● Working on the development of various small internal applications as required
● Implement unit testing on new and existing code
● Diagnosing and fixing production issues
● Taking part in code reviews
● Working on developing a new CMS framework (Kirby CMS) and implementing this in headless mode with our angular frontend.
● Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
● Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
● Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
● At least 3 years expertise in PHP
● At least 1 year of experience with Angular
● Some experience in building solutions from scratch with only minimal requirements, to begin with
● A good visual eye for user interfaces and an instinct for creating a good user experience
● 2+ years writing raw SQL beyond just simple select statements
● Familiarity with unit/integration testing
● Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
● The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have:
● Strong knowledge of common PHP or web server exploits, and their solutions
● Experience with Jira or similar project management tool
● Experience working with Kirby CMS
● Experience migrating legacy codebases to cleaner architectures and modern frameworks
● Some experience of the online casino industry
How we approach things:
● Medium-sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
● We focus on getting stuff done, not on the process or management hierarchy.
● Working remotely but communicating regularly.
● Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
● An inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
● A mostly remote and flexible working schedule.
● Generous time off varied based on the country of residence.
● Training on the job.
● Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
● Hardware & Software allowance or work equipment is provided to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.