Bettingjobs is working with an established operator based in Portugal who are seeking to expand the team with a Sportsbook Risk Analyst to be based in Porto.
A keen analyst with an aptitude to problem solving, in a role that sits between Trading & BI, maximising sportsbook margin through implementation of the risk strategy, player segmentation and liability control.
The ideal candidate will be a sports enthusiast and understand the importance of managing their own time in line with the sporting calendar, and as such will work any 5 days from 7 including evenings, weekends & bank holidays.
Key responsibilities include:
• Deliver the Sports risk strategy and implementation – Monitoring & adjusting sports limits, betting activity, linked accounts, advantage players & partners and diligently profiling players
• Develop & analyse reports to identify both high risk and high value betting patterns
• Provide regular risk reports to Directors & Board
• Build comprehensive player segments and guide the VIP and retention teams on player value
• Monitoring and optimising risk management processes
• Ownership of risk management tools & vendor relationship, the development and implementing of new tools and features
• Identifying and reporting AML/RG and Fraudulent risk triggers
• Monitor real time bet tickers and flag up key liabilities and over exposure daily
• Investigating market trends and observing competition to obtain valuable market insight
• Able to produce bespoke reports for external bodies if required
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent knowledge of sports betting
• Highly analytical, with experience using BI tools
• Experienced in the use of business management packages, liability systems, bet tickers & MS office tools
• Good communicator and team player
• Able to make quick decisions and take actions on exposing player betting behaviours
• A passion for problem solving & identifying patterns in data and player behaviours
• Punctual and able to manage own time
• Understand the importance of having a holistic view and approach to a player’s behaviours between products