This role can be based in the UK as an employee, or remotely anywhere in Europe as a contractor.
Objective of Role
The Compliance officer fulfilling this role will be responsible for market analyses and regulatory license applications for new regulated markets as well as maintaining our existing licenses along with providing support to various stakeholders in relation to internal and external compliance queries.
The primary responsibility of this role is to assist the compliance manager in meeting the licence conditions within the Itlian regulations. You will be required to oversee and manage the tasks and issues in a timely manner, and provide the necessary updates to the compliance and operations managers. You’ll work with and support the business on any compliance related queries.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate, process and monitor license obligations for established and new regulated markets
• Assisting the team in performing audits and reviews
• Review, update and design effective processes and policies
• Controlling the end to end management of created tasks
• Oversee the end-end process for customer claims and legal disputes
• Assist in the analysis of e-gaming regulatory compliance standards in existing and newly regulated markets
• Communicate effectively and develop strong relationships with regulatory authorities for approvals and to ensure the company meets regulatory requirements for its jurisdictions
• Develop project plans, reports and schedules to relevant stakeholders and teams to manage expectations and to ensure work is delivered within scope and on time
Review, update and design effective processes and policies
• Maintain knowledge and assist in keeping an up to date and accurate library/database of regulatory standards and licenses
• Participation in ad hoc and project work as required e.g. development projects, process changes
• Proven experience within a gambling compliance role
• Proven experience of Gambling Regulations
• Confident in using excel, word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of the Gambling industry specifically relating to the Italian Market
• Compliance Certification (completed or in progress) desirable
• Native level Italian
Skills and how they are applied
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and advice.
• Manage own workloads and meet deadlines determined by the urgency of requests.
• Attention to detail e.g. accurate capture of data;
• Analytical and risk assessment skills;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Flexible and the ability to develop methodologies;
• Interacts with stakeholders in a professional, service-orientated manner.