Our client is, a major international iGaming firm, is looking for a Head of Risk & Fraud who will be responsible for internal risk & fraud policies, procedures, strategies, and best practices. The role will also be heading up 3rd party tool implementation, bonus abuse management and people management functions.
The role can be taken on a remote basis, or from international offices based in Malta or Gibraltar.
• Responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of Risk & Fraud department and making sure that requests are handled in a secure and effective way.
• Evaluate the risks associated with new launches or changes in products, jurisdictions, payment methods etc.
• Implement and review processes and best practices regarding customer registration and verification.
• Work across the business and external departments to address payment operations, risk, technical and fraud issues.
• Implement payments optimisation strategies to maximise deposit levels and acceptance rates.
• Oversee the payments processing function and ensure the quickest possible turnaround times on customer withdrawals.
• Chargeback Management and reporting on losses to Senior Management.
• Manage a sizable team of various Risk & Fraud professionals including setting of objectives and overseeing the team’s performance.
• Ensure that business objectives are met through effective and efficient team management.
• Assist in regulatory audits and risk assessments.
• In conjunction with the Legal, Regulatory & Compliance team, identify changes to legislation to ensure that the company meets its statutory obligations and internal requirements in respect to the prevention of money laundering prevention and player protection.
• Investigate, prepare, and submit suspicious transactions reports to senior management and MLRO to review.
• Analyse data to identify fraud trends and provide reporting to the management team.
• Over 7 years of experience in senior leadership roles within Risk & Fraud.
• Over 5 years of experience within the iGaming industry.
• Excellent experience and knowledge of the European markets.
• Strong knowledge of gambling compliance.
• Good understanding of 3rd party Fraud, Risk and Compliance systems.
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.