Betting Jobs are working closely with an established iGaming/sportsbook provider based in the UK. They are looking for a Lead Project Manager to join their team.
This is an integral role in engaging and building strong stakeholder relationships with key clients signed and on-boarded. Reporting into the Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading on multiple and complex software and infrastructure solutions across the full project lifecycle from inception, through to deployment and handover whilst working closely with internal departments to create a successful, cross functional working relationship with clients.
A key element to this role will be stakeholder engagement, understanding the characteristics and culture of clients and adapting to their business needs, whilst constantly ensuring that quality is at the forefront of what is being delivered in the most efficient manner.
• Leading on managing complex and large-scale new client implementations.
• Taking ownership of the full project life cycle from initial engagement to deployment and transition to post-deployment support.
• Providing transparent feedback to both the client and internal stakeholder throughout the duration of the project.
• Spending quality time with clients, learning about their business, understanding their culture and identifying their technical needs as a solution.
• Managing portfolio of projects which could include:
o Client driven change requests. o Delivery of new, bespoke, products. o Delivery of upgrades to existing bespoke products.
• Ensuring projects delivered meet the changes in compliance/certification guidelines across multiple jurisdictions and territories in which the company and/or the client is operating in.
• Effectively managing project scope, mitigating against risks, and ensuring project delivery within agreed timescales, budgets and other project specifications.
• Engaging with and managing 3rd party providers as required; ranging from internal back office systems, product integrations, 3rd party Payment integrations and 3rd party platform / software integrations.
• Driving the continuous improvement of the tools and processes within the project management function.
• Collaborating and communication across multiple departments, project teams and other key stakeholders across the company, as well as with clients.
• Managing teams, either directly or indirectly of multiple disciplines including development engineers, Business Analysts, QA teams, DevOps and TechOps engineering, commercial and marketing, both in-house and via third parties.
• Ensure project reporting and admin is up to date and project status and reporting is always accurately maintained.
• Carry out any other tasks deemed reasonable within the remit of the role, as requested by the line manager.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with key clients/stakeholders, various departments and ensure expectations are aligned.
• Experience of dealing with key client projects, maintaining a strong stakeholder relationship for successful client engagement.
• Ability to interact and explain effectively to both technical and non-technical resources.
• Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
• Great experience of dealing with conflict and managing it effectively
• Managing 3rd Party providers and technical development resources.
• Knowledge of the best practices for project management, including an appreciation of both waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies, and the ability to apply them appropriately.
• Proven experience in managing teams and mentoring individuals.
• Experience within an online gaming environment
• Project Management qualification, i.e. Prince 2