BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Sports Trading Manager to join an expanding sports betting company in London.
The Sports Trading Manager will take on the responsibility for managing the Sports Trading team. This will include the training and ongoing development of all traders as well as acting as an initial escalation point for any trading-related issues.
The Sports Trading Manager role would be well suited to an experienced Trading professional with strong man-management experience.
• Management of the Trading function
• Manage and develop trading team members to drive team performance and profitability to include performance reviews
• Responsible for recruitment of all sports traders
• Reviewing trading performance, ensuring that all areas of the product are operating at optimum levels
• Planning trading resource through the daily and weekly plans
• Oversee the induction of new members of the trading team
• Ensure that existing trading procedures are correctly adhered to and updated as necessary
• Rigorously test existing algorithms and trader applications to identify areas for improvement
• Evaluate betting products against competitors and to suggest areas for development/improvement
• Ensuring all issues are correctly reported and logged
• To assist the Trading Product Manager with the development and testing of new products
• Experience of managing a sports trading team or another leadership position
• Have solid experience in odds compilation and trading, preferably experienced with In-play trading of basketball and football
• Strong mathematical skills and understanding of algorithms
• Full understanding of the implications of trading issues on customers
• Excellent numerate skills including experience of using excel to a high level
• The ability to make effective decisions and react promptly to customer impacting issues