Bettingjobs.com are currently recruiting for Junior Legal Counsel for a leading iGaming company based in Malta.
• You will support legal counsel in the drafting and reviewing of a variety of commercial agreements and documents relating to commercial transactions involving business;
• You will support the department with identifying any legal issues, provide analysis of legal risks, create and implement solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently;
• You will assist in building a scalable foundation for the Legal team including developing templates, policies implementing processes and developing other proactive initiatives. If required, you will prepare and deliver legal training programs for the business to enhance compliance;
• You will assist in compliance matters including AML, RG and GDPR when necessary;
• You will take ownership in conducting Corporate KYC;
• You will process and track legal work;
• You will record and monitor deadlines;
• You will format company policies to company standards;
• You will prepare and edit correspondence, minutes, memos, presentations and spreadsheets;
• You will set up, organise and maintain paper and electronic filing systems in accordance with recognised procedures and standards;
• You will work with corporate lawyers and other third-parties;
• You will support the department in any matters that might arise.
• Negotiating, drafting, and closing complex commercial transactions and have experience from this. You have 1 Year of relevant experience and are a qualified lawyer (law degree/ LLM from a reputable European University).
• Providing quick, concise, and practical legal advice and to problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
• English language - fluent both verbally and in writing.
• Experience from online gaming, technology, or e-commerce sector. Individuals with experience in the payments and/or online gaming sector who have a sound basis in commercial contract drafting are preferred.
• You have strong attention to detail along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organisation.
• Strong knowledge of Maltese Law.
• Team player and ability to work independently.
• Strong organisation and prioritisation skills.