BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Senior Sports Modelling Manager to oversee the creation and delivery of algorithms, models and systems to drive pre-match, and In-Play pricing.
The Senior Sports Modelling Manager will be responsible for a small team of quants and will be responsible for growing the team. Working with senior management and trading teams to build, test, prove and refine sports betting models that enable automation.
This role would ideally be suited to an experienced Sports Modeller looking to take on the responsibility for leading the Modelling function with an already established Sportsbook operation.
▪ Use mathematical and statistical modelling techniques to leverage data and build insights into sports pricing/betting
▪ Develop and maintain complex analytical models for the sportsbook
▪ Mentor more junior team members in pricing modelling and development
▪ Engage with business stakeholders and communicate the value of your projects
▪ Establish strong relationships with the other Trading departments
▪ Train and mentor new traders that join the team
▪ 5 years proven experience as a Quant Analyst/ Modeller/ Quant Developer
▪ 2 years proven experience in the sports betting industry
▪ Expert capability in multiple coding languages
▪ Global sports knowledge and interest
▪ High attention to detail and precision in delivery while balancing multiple priorities
▪ Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills
▪ University degree in STEM subject preferred (preferably mathematics, statistics, computer science or engineering)