BettingJobs.com are currently seeking a Trading Assistant for an established London based Sportsbook. The Trading Assistant will provide crucial support to the trading team, working across other departments to ensure the delivery of a first-class product offering.
The Trading Assistant role is a great opportunity for an individual with a passion for sports and sports betting to develop a career within the betting industry.
This role would ideally be suited to a recent graduate who is analytical, organised, and has a keen eye for detail. A passion for sports and a strong background in Mathematics, or a similar field, is essential. You will be energetic and enthusiastic, with an ability to work in a high-paced, multi-faceted environment.
• Manage Sportsbook content, ensuring all events are displayed correctly and available to customers.
• Monitor In-Play content and report live issues. Communicate any issues in real-time to the trading manager, resolving issues where possible.
• Perform checks on liabilities and alert traders of significant or unusual positions. Monitor market and betting activity, escalating any pricing concerns.
• Monitor bets in real-time.
• Resettle bets when required and run relevant reports, sharing with all key stakeholders.
• Passionate/Keen interest in a variety of sports
• Exceptional numerical ability
• Ideally degree educated in Mathematics or a related subject matter
• Can demonstrate a basic understanding of bookmaking principles
• Ability to communicate to a high standard both verbally with colleagues and in writing to customers via email etc
• Ability to work flexibly, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays
The Trading Assistant position will be primarily home-based with occasional travel to the London office. The successful candidate will need to be based in the UK.