Bettingjobs.com are currently recruiting for Senior Quantitative Analyst for a leading sports betting data and modelling data company based in London.
• Build and maintain predictive models from large sports datasets
• Research and apply novel modelling techniques
• Test model performance
• Have a deep understanding of the data, its limitations and meaning, including the investigation of data validity
• Have awareness of the limitations of any model output
• Have an understanding of statistical robustness and validity.
• Experience using advanced statistics and modelling techniques – preferably in sports field
• PhD or other post-graduate qualification in statistics. machine learning or another mathematical/scientific discipline (or equivalent experience as Quantitative Analyst)
• Strong programming skills, with a preference for (but not limited to) Matlab, Python and R
• A track record of using data to solve complex problems
• A knowledge and interest in sport will be helpful
• Experience working with cloud computing (desirable).