Betting Jobs are working closely with an established land-based casino games provider in the US.
LOCATION: Duluth, Georgia
Senior Software Engineers within the SDK team are responsible for developing platform and game features. The developers participate in all aspects of development, including gathering requirements, design, development, documentation, deployment and maintenance. They are essential for rolling out modern technologies used in the latest games. The developer will also act as a liaison to game studios for what the platform can do and how to get their game concept to work within the platform. Features and tools will need to be developed to fulfil the needs of game development. This position requires a strong work ethic and the ability to self-start, self-regulate workloads, and work well in a group dynamic or independently.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborate with game developers, technical artists, and product management to implement common game environment features and improvements.
• Critical analysis of existing graphical systems and recommend best practices for developing games with existing software and hardware constraints.
• Implement and optimize graphics pipeline for improved CPU & GPU performance along with memory management
• Profile and diagnose performance bottlenecks and suggest ways to improve specific premium games
• Keep up with latest cutting-edge rendering techniques and game engine features to apply within slot gaming ecosystem
• Work closely with game engineers to develop user friendly APIs and product integration
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years development experience.
• Excellent knowledge of C++ and C#. C# preferred.
• Expertise in Computer graphics and animation
• OpenGL knowledge and experience
• Advanced object-oriented design knowledge and familiarity with common patterns.
• Requires excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills
• Must be a self-motivated team player able to work in a customer-oriented, fast-paced, and demanding environment
• Test the software modules using either automated or manual tests
• Develop and maintain features and modules using company's coding standards while applying design principles and patterns
• Unity experience is a plus
• Strong 3D Math skills.
• Familiarity with Linux development.
• Familiarity with embedded platform development.
• Experience with Agile project management (SCRUM).
• Casino Gaming experience a plus.