Betting Jobs are working closely with an established Land-based Casino provider in the US.
LOCATION: Duluth, Georgia
The Senior Network Administrator will be the Advanced Gaming Operations department. The Senior Network Administrator will have ownership over the design, implementation, and support of core production and R&D systems. This role is a senior level and will also be responsible for assisting other admins to ensure the timely and accurate troubleshooting of production and R&D Systems.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
• Monitor, maintain and upgrade storage appliances (main focus)
• Monitor, maintain, and upgrade production and R&D servers
• Test and apply updates and patches
• Perform and monitor backups and recoveries.
• Develop Tools/Scripts to improve and automate processes
• Active Directory administration and management
• Build, manage and troubleshoot VM servers for development and testing
• Write technical training and procedure documentation.
• Research and evaluate new applications and systems
• Log and track software licensing for production and R&D
• Determine hardware requirements and load requirements for multiple scenarios.
• On call to travel to customer sites to evaluate and troubleshoot servers/network.
• Available nights and weekends as needed for on call shifts.
• Collaborate with other departments and IT
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, IT, or equivalent
• 7+ years of network administration experience.
• Recent MCSE/MCITP (2008 or newer)
• Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 Server
• Expert with storage appliances, NetApp expertise required
• MS SQL server 2008 and newer
• VMware experience (vSphere/ESXi)
• Experience with Cloud Technologies
• Experience with Microsoft Clusters
• PowerShell scripting is a plus
• Antivirus management and deployment.
• Administered 500 employees or more and upward of 200+ servers.
• Proficient with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policies.
• Experience maintaining server grade hardware.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Must work well in a team environment and on individual tasks with minimum supervision.
• Strong knowledge and usage of Microsoft SQL and Database structures.
• Scripting languages such as VB Script, Python and Bash
• Experience C++/C# is a plus
• Windows Server experience is a plus