Betting Jobs are working closely with an established B2B igaming/sports betting platform provider who have offices in Spain and Malta.
LOCATION: EU-based (no visa sponsorship)
Looking for an experienced Back-end developer to join a team of talented engineers that share a passion for solving challenging problems, writing performant code and building technically innovative solutions.
What you will be doing as a Back-end developer:
• Writing highly performant web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers
• Focusing on quality, promoting best practices and investigating new ways of improving our applications.
• Contributing to product development, user feedback and roadmap planning.
• Collaborating with other engineers across multiple departments and disciplines.
• Investigating ways to improve our codebase by sharing your knowledge and research with our engineering team.
Experience and skills that are important for success in this role:
• Experience with Node.js and/or Go.
• Knowledge of ElasticSearch / Postgres / RethinkDB.
• Experience working with CI/CD approach.
• Have a good understanding of software testing processes and techniques.
• Experience with using version control systems such as Git.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – including communicating cross-functionally and across management levels.
• An in-depth understanding of agile methodologies.
• A quality mindset, delivering high-quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field will be considered an asset.
• Ideally have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role.
• Bonus Points: Front-end development experience using technologies and frameworks like ReactJS, RESTful web services and CSS preprocessors such as SASS.