Betting Jobs are working closely with a sports technology company who focus on predictive sports modelling. They have offices in London and are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their technical team.
• Responsible for a variety of matters covering all major components of the platforms used in the company.
• Able to diagnose functional and performance issues, and advise the development teams.
• Hands-on development projects around high-volume, high performance, real-time transactional systems.
• Working closely with the talented quant & product teams to help implement new ideas.
• Working closely with the company’s external clients, being a point of contact supporting software projects.
• Introduce new technologies and ideas to optimise, automate and streamline existing processes and procedures.
• Take into account the security, capacity and performance of all the components within the company platform.
• A Technical background – BSc or equivalent in a computing, engineering or science discipline with strong relevant experience in IT
• Experience with Java 8+
• Experience with PostgreSQL
• Experience with Apache Kafka
Not required, but nice to have:
• Experience with Spring or Spring Boot
• Experience with Hibernate ORM
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with source code management tools such as Git
• Familiarity with web-based technologies, such as HTTP, XML, JSON, RESTful APIs, etc
• Familiarity with Unix or Linux environments