Betting Jobs are working with an established iGaming platform provider who have offices in Malta, Gibraltar and Cape Town. Looking for a DBA with experience in Postgresql.
LOCATIONS: UK, EUROPE, SOUTH AFRICA
They are looking for a database specialist to help them grow and improve systems.
Currently running a mix Postgres on RDS and physical DCs. Also looking to expand our system to many more services and more database instances.
• Looking after the production PostgreSQL databases
• Working in a DevOps environment and being actively involved in the software development process
• Working with us to improve and automate our testing, deployment, and monitoring processes
• Understanding how our processes work and how that translates into the data we have
• Working with business managers to extract required data/reports
• Diagnosing and helping fix production issues
• Being available to help fix things out of hours, as needs arise
• Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a growing company
• Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
• Finding better ways that we can get things done
What you already have:
• At least 5 years’ experience administering PostgreSQL databases – installation, configuration, backups, monitoring etc.
• Experience with AWS RDS
• A good knowledge of SQL performance tuning.
• Experience of migrating production databases while minimizing downtime
• Some experience in Linux server administration
• A proactive approach to improving databases as part of a DevOps culture
• The ability to turn business questions into well-performing database queries
• Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
• The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
Nice to have:
• Familiarity with PAAS environments such as AWS
• Experience with MS SQL Server
• Experience using automated configuration/deployment tools such as Ansible or Docker
• Experience of system security at network, OS and database level
How we approach things:
• Medium sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos.
• We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy.
• Working remotely but communicating regularly.
• Open-door policy across all levels and departments.
• Inclusive environment with staff from all around the world.
What we offer:
• A fully remote and flexible working schedule.
• Training on the job.
• Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team.
• Hardware allowance to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done.
• 25 days holidays + bank holidays in your respective country.