Bettingjobs is seeking a Sports Trader to cover night markets and be based in Malta. Undertaking risk management, product optimisation, pre match and in-play trading and help with the smooth running of their sportsbook operation ensuring a best in class service to b2b brands.
The Sports Trader will primarily be responsible for ensuring all sports within the Sportsbook offering are traded and risk managed effectively and efficiently. They will have experience of trading US Sports & Soccer and focus on accurate profiling of customers based on betting behaviour. Actively examine trading performance to sports they are assigned is also required. The Sports Trader may also be responsible for the training and mentoring of junior team members.
• Execute and optimise the trading and risk management strategy
• Training of Junior Traders
• Monitor prices and control liabilities
• Customer profiling
• Provide performance analysis and reporting.
• Deliver a targeted and relevant sportsbook product specific to the customer base
• Odds compilation
• Work closely with 3rd party suppliers ensuring optimization of given products in operation
• Responsible for the trading of Pre-Match & Live sporting events using bespoke trading tools.
• 2+ years in a trading/risk trading role
• English Speaking, Reading & Writing Skills
• Thorough knowledge of a wide variety of sports. Soccer & US Sports experience essential
• Proven risk management skills in a high-volume environment
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Customer/Client centric at all times
• Ability to decision make & work in high paced environment often under time pressure
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Experience in a b2b environment advantageous
• Strong mathematical skills
• Experience and Knowledge of Asian Handicaps and Total Lines advantageous
• In depth knowledge of MS Office