Business Development Manager
Competitive plus Commission and Company Benefits
Working within our Commercial partnerships Team the Strategic Business Development Manager will be responsible for pitching new ventures to commercial partners and seeing those ventures through to launch.
We have an ambitious schedule of new venture launches across a range of categories and we need someone to research those markets, identify potential commercial partners, pitch and win those we have selected and then work with those partners and resource within our business to move to launch.
So, who are we?
We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. Our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, we are one of the largest commercial publisher in the UK.
• Researching target categories, main players - established and challenger brands, and potential partners for Sports and Gaming
• Presenting partner options back to the business in the context of the venture requirements and helping to shortlist
• Pitching target partners, the venture and commercials
• Bringing back to the business any learnings that may help to optimise the plan
• Winning business and on-boarding partners including handling contractual negotiations, contracts etc
• Working with the partner and the business to move to launch, working with Managers to ensure that the venture is supported by the business and that the launch plan is created and executed against the KPIs
• Building strong working relationships with and supporting all areas of the business including Editorial, Legal, Planning, Trading, Publishing, Finance, Ad Ops and Invention to drive revenues and profitability, as well as the wider Reach Plc business Ongoing account management
The Ideal Candidate
• Someone who is strong commercially and has experience of securing partnership revenue deals previously
• A great communicator at all levels
• Able to understand, develop and implement different commercial models
• Range in terms of industry experience and the ability to immerse yourself in new industries
• Strong analytically, with the ability to support thinking with data
• Great networker
• Entrepreneurial and creative mind/ Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace
• An advocate of our culture, personifying Reach Solutions principles and behaviors including Collaboration, Imagination, Determination, Excellence &
• Strong working knowledge of the Reach Plc portfolio
• Understanding of how Reach Solutions products fit into wider UK media marketplace
• Competitive Salary plus Commission
• 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Share save scheme
• Defined progression pathway
• Free access to wellbeing services and coaching support
• Simply Health health care Scheme
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Technology scheme
• High street discounts
This company believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.