Betting Jobs are working with a very successful Betting Services provider who have offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester. They are looking for a Network & Infrastructure Engineer to join their technical team.
Job Purpose :
The Infrastructure team provide support services to our internal and external customers, supporting applications on call & critical Hardware and software both on-premise and in the cloud. This role is primarily responsible for all aspects of IT including traditional on-premise infrastructure and storage, cloud infrastructure, networks.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships:
The role reports to the IT Manager and is on a remote first basis with 1 day per week required as minimum in the office based in Milton Keynes. The working pattern is Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:30 with one week in four on-call out of hours. Travel to alternate offices will occasionally be required to maintain regular contact with technical leads and other members of staff.
In line with the Company Values, the main responsibilities of Application Support Specialist are as follows:
• Promotes a culture of learning, acts as a positive role model and represents the department at all levels;
• Displays positive attitudes and behaviours always, promoting a ‘can-do’ culture.
• Is proud to represent our brand and culture, and promotes our values both inside and outside of the organisation.
• Liaise with the Infrastructure teams and the Problem Management process in respect of managing major incidents as and when they occur with respect to our applications;
• Develops and builds trust with all internal stakeholders and customers;
• Provides high quality and timely delivery of duties;
• Manage user escalations, ensuring that they are thoroughly investigated and that an agreeable solution is achieved for our users and customers;
• Identifies new ideas and processes that accelerate our journey to become a best-in-class service provider;
• Is committed to continuous personal development;
• Seeks out opportunities to improve own, divisional and team performance.
• Ensures that the best interests are upheld at all times;
• Operates within the legal and regulatory framework;
• Upholds and promotes the Company’s values, standards and policies at all times.
• Linux Administration using Red Hat and Ubuntu.
• Infrastructure monitoring using Solarwinds including setting up new nodes, Software updates & Maintenance.
• Microsoft Azure
o App Services (Log troubleshooting, administration)
o Virtual machines (Windows & Linux)
o Kubernetes (Log troubleshooting, administration)
o AzureAD full suite administration
o Azure Storage.
o Fundamental understanding of Azure DevOps & Terraform
o Meraki network maintenance and upgrades looking after the network on a day-to-day basis.
o BIG-IP F5 managing new rule requests, day to day maintenance.
o DNS, ensure procedures are followed & maintained at the highest standard.
o SSL certificate Management.
• Windows Server (2012-2019)
o Builds, Maintenance & Patch Management.
o Active Directory administration
o Full Intune platform administration for Windows based Laptops. MDM to both Android and iOS.
• Office 365
o Complete Suite Administration & implementation of new feature sets.
o Microsoft Teams Telephony day to day maintenance.
• Backup solution including Veeam and Azure Backup. Ensure backups are completed successfully troubleshoot any issues. Setting up new backups.
• Working within an ITIL environment you are expected to follow ITIL framework.