Betting Jobs are working with a UK-based leading supplier of betting services. They have offices in Milton Keynes, London and Manchester and are looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer to join their Application Support Team.
The Cloud Platform Engineer role is a key member of the Application Support team, working closely with Architecture, Operations and Software Engineering teams, the main purpose is to improve the deployment and release cycle, using automation and orchestration tools to ensure the environments and platform are resilient, standardized, and secure. Management of a host of DevOps toolsets is key as well as being forward thinking, utilizing DevOps best practice to assist our software delivery process.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships:
The role reports to the Application Support Manager
• Create consistent and repeatable infrastructure and services utilizing Terraform, Kubernetes and Helm.
• Build robust build pipelines using Azure DevOps Pipelines, transforming source code into deployable artefacts that have been tested for code quality and coverage.
• Create monitoring solutions using Azure Monitor that trigger automation runbooks to automatically resolve incidents, or roll back releases.
• Take responsibility for releasing code into our different environments by building and maintaining the release pipelines, with appropriate approvals and quality gates for each release.
• Work closely with the Application Support Team to help identify root cause for incidents in line with the Problem Management process.
• Actively learn about changes in the tech stack and amend pipelines to adhere to the latest standards as they are released.
• Be able to troubleshoot potential code issues in both Java and C# applications, working closely with the Development teams.
• Utilise Bash and PowerShell to implement automated housekeeping on their respective host operating systems.
• Help to advise and inform decisions on continued cloud adoption, making sure we use the correct tools for the job and everything that is provisioned is fit for purpose and fit for use.
• Adhere to the Change Management policy when carrying out any production changes.
• Motivates others to achieve goals, acts as a positive role model for others.
• Displays positive attitudes and behaviours at all times.
• Is proud to represent our brand and culture and promotes our values.
• Develops and builds effective relationships with customers and colleagues alike.
• Provides high quality and timely delivery of duties.
• Strives to support and maintain a harmonious workplace.
• Identifies new ideas and processes.
• Is committed to continuous personal development.
• Seeks out opportunities to improve own, divisional and team performance.
• Ensures that the best interests are upheld at all times.
• Operates within the legal and regulatory framework.
• Upholds and promotes the Company’s values at all times.
Skills and Experience:
• Degree/HND in Computer Science/ IT/ Software Development or relevant industry experience.
• Demonstrable experience of working in high availability environments.
• Strong and demonstrable knowledge of the Microsoft Azure Stack.
• Azure Resource Administration – (AKS, Application Gateway, App Services, Traffic Manager, VM’s and API Management)
• Shell, PowerShell and Python scripting
• Windows Server 2016 and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
• Azure ARM Templates
• Terraform and Packer – Infrastructure-as-code.
• Kubernetes and Helm used with AKS
• Microsoft Azure DevOps pipelines and CI/CD – Pipeline-as-code
• Basic Knowledge of Networking
• ITIL Framework; Change Management
• Monitoring tools; Azure Monitor, Log Analytics Workspaces
• Familiarity with Java development and frameworks, Spring 2 etc
• Familiarity with C# and the .Net framework
• Configuration Management, Ansible, Puppet etc
• Experience of working within Agile or Prince 2 Frameworks
• Hybrid Cloud services; Azure / AWS
• Experience migrating applications from on premise to cloud infrastructure
• Microsoft 365 / Project / SharePoint Online
• Prometheus and Grafana monitoring tools