Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established iGaming and sportsbook platform provider who have offices in London. They are looking for a Platform Product Owner to join their platform team and help with general platform improvements and suggestions.
Reporting into the COO/Head of Delivery, the position requires the candidate to take overall accountability of our back-office, from implementing UX/UI interface improvements through to training new clients on how to use it.
It is an expansive role working with all areas of the business as follows:
• Sportsbook & Casino Product Managers (to implement new features)
• Business Intelligence Team (to implement new reports and navigation)
• Delivery & Onboarding (Training new customers)
• Sales (leading meetings and product demos)
• IT & Development (brief in new UX/UI changes and new features)
• Business Analysts (brief in new UX/UI changes and new features)
The successful candidate will bring a mix of product experience and be able to quickly grasp the core functionality of the back-office, and recommend improvements in terms of features and also UX/UI, as well as updating the product manual and training new customers on how to use it.
• Understand the platform features and functionalities inside out
• Work with the Sportsbook & Casino product owners to introduce new features and functionality
• Implement features in a UX/UI friendly way and if necessary engage agencies to assist in a UX/UI re-fresh
• In all cases, act as the bridge between the client, business team and IT Development
• Conceptualise and develop options for solutions to fulfil a client’s needs as their own requirements change and evolve over the course of a contract term.
• Develop an understanding of the client’s own structure, asking about marketing teams, customers services etc. to enable a better long-term working relationship and also understand how they will actually use back-office
• Re-write and re-design the client-facing training manual and update every month for the additions of new features etc.
• Assist in the onboarding of new sportsbook/service providers, ensuring that the product is fit for purpose, managing the onboarding through IT and product teams.
• Present pre-sales demos to potential clients, showcasing the potential of the platform
• Create training materials and templates for the training department
• Build client training programs based on client needs and perform online and onsite training
• Attend meetings, re-trainings and improve the quality of work whenever necessary.
• Work independently and at a consistently high level, with excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
• Keep detailed work in progress updates and work transparently with all teams to ensure a full appreciation of the work you are undertaking, the client experience and business risks and challenges that may be encountered.
• Facilitate problem resolution for both clients and internal departments in relation to client-related issues on product.
• Identify issues and raise these to the appropriate parties.
• Liaise with Quality Assurance Team to perform audits and recommend corrective action were necessary and to monitor corrective actions.
• Provide knowledge transfer and documents to Support Teams, Account Managers or any other team as required.
• Document new functionality and enhancements introduced to the software systems developed.
• Organize the internal workshops to educate the internal teams for the back-office features.
• 2 to 5 years experience in a similar role within iGaming with a focus on Platform Technology
• Possess a high level of technical knowledge in relation to operational, legal and other client-related activities and will maintain a keen eye on industry developments and best practices relevant to client onboarding and client experience, bringing that knowledge back into the team to help drive our internal process management.
• Strong UX/UI skills and the ability to brief in changes and engage agencies as appropriate
• Natural people skills and an influential communicator with both clients and internal stakeholders alike, being able to have the difficult conversations but in a way that any decisions can be accepted and respected.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Client service orientation and proactive mindset
• Demonstrable ability to guide stakeholders/organisations to influence change
• Track record of delivering process improvements, with a resilient mindset comfortable working in an ever-changing environment
• Personal gravitas to be able to manage customers effectively and influence IT and commercial teams to keep in line with client requirements
• Other languages