Betting Jobs are working closely with an established iGaming company who have their HQ based in Sofia, Bulgaria. They are looking for a Head of DevOps/Infrastructure to join their team and manage a few team members.
They are looking for an experienced strategic Head of Infrastructure / Head of DevOps to join the R&D leadership team.
As the department head, you will help to lead the Infra/DevOps team, scale the operation, bring in best practices, improve standards, SLAs and grow the team to match the challenges ahead.
This job would be reporting directly to the CTO and is a combination of technology management, people management, and strategic management.
• Be the DevOp/Infra champion for your team - enable their work, growth and strategy (technical vision, leadership and mentorship)
• Be the management focal point for any DevOp/Infra matter - support hypergrowth by bringing in new standards, technology and constantly pushing the stack forward
• Be a focal point for Regulation requirements and dependencies on cloud infrastructure and platform as a service.
• Build and set working protocols, guidelines and standards for the team and the company (Own the infrastructure end to end)
• Researching, negotiation and onboarding 3rd party vendors to support infra operations
• Hands-on ability (lead by example and participate in highly technical conversations)
• High ability to work autonomously within the general scope of responsibility
• Passionate about DevOp and Infrastucture, someone with deep understanding of DevOp, Devop culture and Supportive techs and trends
• Excellent communicator and mature leader - someone that knows how to achieve success and buy in through influence.
• Hands-on manager from big product/technical companies (direct, day to day management only)
• Proven experiance of vision execution and long term roadmap implementation
• Good understanding of distributed systems architecture, cloud engineering environments (AWS, GCP) and container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
• Proficient in logging, monitoring and alerting approaches for highly available systems.
• Experienced with automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or similar).
• Experienced with CI/CD tools like GitLab, Jenkins, ArgoCD, Github Actions or others.
• Experienced with Kafka and other MQ systems.
• Good understanding of network, systems security and disaster recovery
• Impeccable Engish, Russian would be an added value.
• Specific experience within the Casino/iGaming industry would be a plus