Objective of Role
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform core AML/KYC due diligence, PEP, Sanctions, and financial crime risk assessments of new and existing customers, to help secure compliance with law and regulation.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Timely, efficient, and accurate Due Diligence (DD) checks of new and existing customers, ensuring records are accurate in all systems and that supporting documentation is scanned and filed correctly within agreed timelines. • Communicating professionally and confidently with stakeholders including colleagues, VIP managers, Risk team, Responsible Gambling team and customer relations as part of the DD process.
• Preparing AML and Player Protection management information for reporting to the management team.
• Performing PEP, Sanction checks and analysing the results to eliminate or confirm matches.
• Ensuring that action taken on customer accounts as in adherence with both internal policies and procedures as well as that set out by the regulator.
• Completing tasks, projects and workload at a level that maintains high levels of quantity and quality.
• Monitor customers to identify any concerns in relation to responsible gambling, and where necessary raising these concerns through the appropriate channels in line with the social responsibility process.
• If appropriate, acting on customer accounts in accordance with regulations and best practice.
• Assisting with the compliance section of the internal company audit.
• Participation in ad hoc and project work as required e.g., remediation projects, process changes.
• Experience of AML within a regulated sector, KYC analysis of clients and understanding the due diligence of corporate documents is essential.
• Knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations within UK and other European markets.
• Experience of undertaking financial crime/AML investigations including, where appropriate, the reporting of SAR’s.
• Confident in using excel, word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of the Gambling industry desirable.
• AML Certification (completed or in progress) desirable.
Skills and how they are applied
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and advice.
• Manage own workloads and meet deadlines determined by the urgency of requests.
• Attention to detail e.g., accurate capture of data.
• Analytical and risk assessment skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexible and the ability to develop methodologies.
• Interacts with stakeholders in a professional, service-orientated manner.