BettingJobs are working with an established operator who are looking for a Compliance Officer to join their team in their London office. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
Direct Report: Compliance Manager
You will provide administrative and other support to the Compliance Manager in order to ensure that the compliance and regulatory obligations of the business are adhered to in the jurisdictions in which they operate.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• To monitor regulatory updates and guidance and ensure that any required actions are communicated to the Compliance Manager.
• Provide support in carrying out internal compliance and monitoring reviews and audits to test that existing compliance efforts are fit for purpose across all markets in which the company operates.
• Support the Compliance Manager in ensuring that internal policies are up to date, and adhere to the required rules and regulations in which the business operates.
• Assists the Compliance Manager with documentation discovery research/delivery requests for internal audits and regulatory audits/examinations.
• Managing and follow up on actions from Compliance related meetings with stakeholders.
• Support the Compliance Manager with all regulatory and other reporting requirements for the business.
• Update and maintain a Regulatory Repository of guidance material, updates and industry news.
• Assist the Compliance Manager with implementing compliance related projects.
• Assist in the preparation of compliance advisory training for the company.
• Provide support to the legal and compliance team in compiling license applications.
• Complete ad hoc compliance related tasks as requested and under the guidance of the Compliance Manager.
• Any other ad hoc support as requested by the Compliance Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the online gambling industry.
• A knowledge and awareness of online gambling and its regulatory landscape is essential.
• Experience of working within a compliance or audit environment.
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with evidence of working with clients and stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrable experience of regulatory reporting and monitoring processes.
• Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals.
• Ability to understand complex problems, and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
• Effective organization and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on large and small projects, with changing priorities.
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and manage workloads in accordance with strict timelines.
• Good attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.