Betting Jobs are working with an established B2B Free-to-play Games Company who have their main HQ in Edinburgh. They are looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer to join their team.
Location: Preferably Edinburgh-based but could consider remote in the UK
Looking for you to join our team as a Lead Full Stack Developer, reporting directly to the CTO. You will build a variety of games for the company's clients, as well as backend gaming solutions and third-party integrations. Once the games are live you will be responsible for running those games in the production environment and any ongoing development work required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead the development of our games from inception to completion.
• Collaborating with other technical and design team members to deliver applications on time and on budget.
• Lead and support other developers and teammates.
• With the help of the CTO undertake thorough Quality Assurance testing on projects, to ensure the final delivery meets requirements and scope.
• Continual testing and bug fixing for the apps that we have live.
• Attend daily stand-ups and contribute to team planning sessions
• Stay abreast of digital tools, platforms and industry trends.
• 4+ years’ experience in one or more of the main technologies we use: React.js, Node, HTML/CSS, Postgres, Web API, Git or experience of other major programming languages or frontend technologies such as Java, C#
• Demonstrable experience of building complex web-based systems.
• Experience of interviewing and team building.
• Background in integrating third party (RESTful) APIs, and building your own APIs
• Able to work well in an agile environment, where requirements are still in flux
• Great interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving aptitude, ability to think on your feet and action solutions
• Enjoy working closely with others as part of a close-knit team
Other useful experience and skills
• Knowledge of some of the other technologies we use which include, AWS, Docker, Serverless, Google analytics, common web security techniques.
• Knowledge of building backend services and designing and maintaining databases
• Experience interacting with the client on technical integrations and product requirements gathering
Employee Package and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working
• 32 days holiday
• Matched pension up to 3% (after 3 months)
• Share Options (after one year)