BettingJobs are working with one of the world largest online gaming operators, active in all major markets. They are looking for a Country Manager for Japan to leverage their unique brand proposition in order to build their B2C footprint in Japan.
Job Title: Country Manager (Japan)
Directly reporting to: CMO
This role will serve as a driving force behind the growth, ROI and scalability of our clients local marketing programme, and the successful candidate will welcome working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team, collaboration and imagination. A senior position that comes with strategic oversight, P&L ownership and operational responsibility, the Country Manager will be highly engaged in the company’s long-term roadmap for this market, but meanwhile agile enough to act on fresh opportunities on the fly.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
● Ownership of the acquisition marketing strategy and business performance for Japan, across core product verticals: sportsbook, casino and esports.
● Deliver the agreed customer acquisition target KPIs
● Define detailed marketing plans to target the Japanese market
● Drive the product and content localisation to ensure suitability for the local marketplace
● Develop and execute the campaign plan and player communication including campaign briefing, helping to define customer target segments, brainstorming with writers and designers, signing off assets and marketing material.
● P&L owner for Japan.
● Constant monitoring and evaluation of campaigns in order to ensure they’re compliant, efficient and generating ROI
● Communicate as needed to key departments within the business - Customer Service, Affiliate Marketing, Content, Design, Product and Payments departments
● Keep up-to-date with market and industry knowledge. Ensure all relevant regulations and relationships with third parties are maintained.
● Regular communication and reporting business performance against target KPIs
● Work closely with the Business Intelligence function to analyse business performance.
Skills & Experience:
● A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a related marketing role.
● A minimum 3+ years’ track record of working in Betting within Japan specifically.
● Excellent communication skills in English and Japanese.
● Budget-management proficiency.
● Analytical skills to assess existing deals and forecast and identify trends.
● Strong presentation skills and ability to convey strategic plans across different levels of the organization.
● Experience representing a well-established brand.