An exciting development company in the iGaming industry are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. This role can be based anywhere in Spain as an employee, or anywhere in Europe as a contractor.
What you'll do
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a key member of the DevOps team for our Publishing division and is responsible for the administration of the cloud native ecosystem that powers our publishing platforms: including the design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, security and maintenance required to meet the high availability SLAs our clients expect.
You are an individual who has a technical mind and has a passion for delivering solutions in the ever-changing world of technology. The Senior DevOps Engineer will help to guide and mentor team members in their day-to-day tasks. You will also support the Team Lead in planning, technical decisions, and collaborating with teams we support to develop new insights that could further enhance our platform.
• Guide the DevOps Team through the definition and execution of distributed solutions on top of Kubernetes to achieve our goal of 99.9% availability for our clients;
• Design and work on the implementation of our custom, cloud native, PaaS solution with the goal of providing the best user experience to the Development and QA teams;
• Use GitOps best practices to achieve continuous deployment on a global scale;
• Contribute to the architecture of our automated build and deployment systems;
• Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of internal system assets;
• Stay abreast of changes to current technology and how it could improve processes;
• Co-ordinate with cross-functional experts throughout the company to validate and develop new insights;
• Work closely with external providers to troubleshoot system issues;
• Participate in On-call rotation for publishing platform.
What you'll bring
• University degree or diploma in related field and 5+ years previous DevOps experience;
• Have demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the cloud native space;
• Designed and implemented complex CI/CD solutions on Kubernetes in production;
• 2 years of experience working with Kubernetes in production;
• 3 years of experience working with containers in production;
• 3 years of experience working with Git;
• 1 year of experience working with Helm;
• Have experience with AWS, including CF, ELB, S3, EC2 and more;
• Expert analytical and data-driven decision-making skills;
• Creative thinking and motivated self-starter with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies;
• Comfortable leading projects from start to finish with minimal supervision;
• Strong ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines;
• Excellent team player and positive contributor to the culture of the business.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates that also offer the following:
• 2 years of experience writing CM/CI/CD tools in Python or Go;
• Familiar with the GitOps paradigm;
• 1 year of experience working with Rancher in production;
• A strong understanding of CM and the CI/CD methodology;
• Familiar with writing complex bash scripts;
• Skilled experience working in a Linux environment;
• Have written custom Kubernetes operators;
• Experience writing Terraform modules for Openstack infrastructure.
What's in it for you
• Global work experience in an agile methodology
• International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment
• Private health insurance and life insurance from day 1
• Sabbatical programme (6 weeks paid leave) for every 4 years of service
• Flexibility of working from home/office to stay both safe and collaborative
• Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities
• Team building events, Learning Labs, Hackathons/Designatons
• Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of the company, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others