Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established iGaming platform provider who have offices in Malta, Gibraltar and South Africa. They are looking for a Platform Developer to join their team to work remotely in the EU or UK.
Contract - Long term B2B Contract or employee if based in Malta, Gib or South Africa.
They need a server-side focussed developer to help us improve their core platform services.
What you already have:
• An expertise in the Java language (3 years minimum)
• Exposure to at least one other JVM based language
• The ability to write raw SQL beyond just simple select statements (1 year minimum)
• Familiarity with automated testing
• Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
• The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
What we'd like you to have in an ideal world:
• Some experience with Scala and its ecosystem such as Play and Akka
• Familiarity with Java Servlets, because there’s always legacy code
• A working knowledge of functional programming and its advantages
• An understanding of asynchronous/reactive programming
• Exposure to integrating third party APIs
• Experience in performance profiling and tuning Java applications
• Some experience with PHP as some parts of our system are written in it
• A small company, can-do ethos
• We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
• A distributed workforce but communicating regularly
• Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
• A flexible working schedule
• Working remotely
• Adding new features to the existing platform
• Adding new integrations to the existing platform
• Working with the rest of the team to migrate the platform to a new architecture and technology stack based around Scala + Akka.
• Developing services to support websites and administration UI, working with front end developers as necessary
• Diagnosing and fixing production issues
• Taking part in code reviews
• Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
• Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
• Finding better ways that we can get things done