Betting Jobs are working with a successful B2B sports and iGaming services provider who are based in Malta. They are looking for an IT Facilities Supervisor to join their team there.
They are looking for an IT Facilities Supervisor to join their growing Corporate IT Team. This is an exciting role and includes a wide set of responsibilities, with the day to day focus on the management, maintenance and upkeep of the Office IT facilities and related infrastructure within the Organization. This role will report into the Director of the Corporate IT.
The objective of the role can be summed up as:
• Optimize synergy between digital assets and workplace facilities
• Cooperate with IT support to install and service IT assets
• Manage the physical environment of vital IT infrastructure
The successful candidate will need to be organized, comfortable in working in dynamic, fast-paced environments. They should have a good understanding of deadlines and accountability and able to escalate or provide updates on their projects without being asked to. The role will include overnight and weekend on-call for high severity system issues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure that the IT equipment within the office facility is operational and functioning properly.
• Proactively schedule, organize and supervise maintenance work for the IT equipment.
• Take ownership of the installation and setup of new IT equipment.
• Setup and regularly check that monitoring for the IT systems are in place and that the proper escalation paths are documented.
• Create and maintain appropriate documentation and handover for ongoing operations.
• Maintain stock levels and parts within budget.
• Ensure compliance with local regulations, and assist with energy management of the office.
• Support the Physical Security team to oversee security of the office.
• Maintain ongoing communication with contractors, clients, and IT teams.
• Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Follow ITIL, including Incident and Change Management process and procedures.
• Identify areas where the Corp-IT function can be more efficient.
• Keep up to date with best practices and technologies and implement them in the work place.
• Implements warranty and support activities.
• Advocate and maintain the organizations strict approach to data security.
• Follower and advocate of the organization principles.
Qualifications and Skills
• IT Related Education/certification.
• 2+ years technical support experience.
• Demonstrated ability in supporting users.
• Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management.
• Must be a well-organized, have a high level of attention to detail and customer (internal and external) oriented self-starter.
• Ability to clearly explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
• A “can do” attitude and comfortable managing competing priorities to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Flexibility around working schedule.
• Provide on-call support.
• Knowledge of Electrical and Plumbing systems.
• Knowledge of Cooling Systems.
• Strong Procurement and negotiation skills.
• Able to communicate in Spanish.
• Schedule: Monday – Friday (the employee will need to manage his schedule accordingly; flexibility around working schedule is necessary).
• Provide on-call support.