This remote role is focused on the management and optimisation of the Payments journey for customers on the site. A significant part of the role is working relationship management with external payment parties to ensure that their products are meeting our expectations at all times and the handling of payment specific regulations such as PSD2 and money laundering regulations.
The Payments Manager will be primarily responsible for the Withdrawals queue but will need assistance from and ability to work with, the AML KYC Manager in organising staff to work on the withdrawals queue at all times.
- Be the subject matter expert in all things payments, understanding fully the deposit and withdrawal journeys and managing the flow of funds into and out
- Optimising the risk rules and configuration around payments that adhere to local regulations while maximising the success rate, mitigating fraud and creating the best customer experience.
- Relationship management with all payment providers, both existing and sourcing potential future partners.
- Preparation of strategic short and long term plans for the payments function to maximise growth and minimise risk.
- Explore additional payment methods available on the market that would suit business model and customer base.
- Liaise with key internal business stakeholders on payment queries and technical issues experienced by customers.
- Conduct investigations into suspicious customer activity within the Payments sphere, and assist the Compliance team with incidents and investigations where necessary.
- Present to the wider business KPIs and status updates weekly, monthly and annually.
Understand the regulatory landscape in each territory that operates and ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations.
- Assist the Compliance team with the review of customer accounts and conducting of Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence procedures.
- Ownership of the Payments journeys and SLAs within the company.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as a key individual and point of contact for issues and incidents as they arise, and addressing these in a calm and professional manner.
- Experience coordinating daily activities
- Proven track record of relationship management both with internal and external Stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting at all levels internally in the organization on an individual or group basis, to customers and external stakeholders and partners.
- Organised & motivated – ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Experience with handling complex cases involving multiple data points, identifying a solution and presenting the information in a clear and concise manner.
- Understanding of money laundering and gambling regulations.
- Past experience working in the gambling sector is very beneficial.
- Past experience working as a payments analyst in an e-commerce business is beneficial.
- Demonstrate confidence to work autonomously, and the practical skill set of being able to prioritise your workload and those working alongside you as necessary.
- Experience identifying opportunities, initiating and delivering new projects and process improvements.
- Seek out opportunities to improve customer experience and conversion rates both off your own initiative and via internal direction.
- In-depth knowledge of the e-commerce payments landscape, including existing and emerging technologies.
- Ability to summarise issues, journey improvements and communicate this to technical teams is preferential.
- A team player who is comfortable working both as an individual and within a cross department group.