Bettingjobs is working with an iGaming leader now seeking to expand the team with a Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager.
The Compliance department is responsible for identifying the risks that are faced and provide advice on them. Designing and implementing controls to protect the business from those risks and monitor and report on the effectiveness of the controls in the management of exposure to risks.
Purpose of the role:
The Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager will provide proactive, professional and commercially-aware compliance advice and services to the business. To achieve this, the candidate must maintain an expert knowledge of regulatory requirements, provide proactive and professional advice and compliance services, and act as an advocate for the culture of compliance within the business.
The Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager will be involved in deputising for the Head of Regulatory Compliance in all day-to-day duties and is expected to provide leadership within the team concerning their assigned jurisdictions.
To achieve this, the Regional Regulatory Compliance Manager must drive consistent planning and organisation of the team and monitor this to ensure that the team is effective in meeting the needs of the business. They must as an advocate for the vision, mission, pillars and objectives of the team. They will be required to take accountability for co-ordinating reporting produced by the team, as well as managing team and department meetings.
You will be responsible for:
• Ownership of the OKR process and tracking team progress against objectives;
• Development of tactics and processes for improving team effectiveness and efficiency;
• Organisation and planning of team and department meetings and reporting;
• Driving an increased level of professionalism and consistency in the work delivered by the Regulatory Compliance Managers
• Supporting the Regulatory Compliance Managers through coaching and influence;
• Maintaining a broad understanding of regulatory frameworks, AML and data protection
• Assisting in delivery of the programme of Compliance risk monitoring and reporting
• Deputising the Head of Regulatory Compliance and assisting with the delivery of team meetings and internal reporting
• Management of ad-hoc requests to the Regulatory Compliance team for the assigned jurisdictions and provide coverage for absence of other Regulatory Compliance Managers
• Compilation and maintenance and submission of internal reports, calendars and cheat sheets
• Experience in gambling compliance
• Prior experience in team management
• Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills with proven ability to create and document tactical and strategic plans
• Highly diplomatic and able to support and empower colleagues
• A proven track record in stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks and risk mitigation strategies
• Ability to apply knowledge of managing compliance to multiple jurisdictions and licences
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to work across all levels of the business
• Leadership qualities, including acting a role model and mentoring colleagues
• Exceptional attention to detail & accuracy, particularly in external communications
• Exceptional English language skills – both written and verbal
• All behavioural competencies are also essential
• Compliance qualifications such as the ICA Advanced Certification in Compliance
• Knowledge of wider regulatory requirements such as data protection and money laundering
• Ability to think out of the box, investigate and resolve problems efficiently
• A second European language ideally German, Spanish or Italian