Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established iGaming/sports betting operator who are looking for a German Senior Legal Counsel.
• Drafting and reviewing legal documentation, including commercial agreements, intellectual property documentation, intercompany agreements, confidentiality agreements and contentious matters.
• Managing external legal counsel, including monitoring legal spend.
• Responding to ad-hoc legal queries from various business areas promptly and efficiently.
• Drafting and updating of customer terms and conditions, including promotional terms.
• Providing assistance in submission of the new German licence application, working closely with compliance in the submission and transition to operations.
• Working with internal company secretary in preparing and presenting documentation for board/audit and risk meetings.
• Supporting internal and external audit projects and ensure that such projects are completed in a timely manner and with the necessary deliverables.
• Preparing and delivering ad-hoc legal training sessions to the company to assist in developing internal knowledge and managing risk.
• Working with policy owners across the business to manage policies and procedures to ensure that they are maintained and periodically updated.
• Assisting in creating legal template documentation to facilitate business needs.
• Working to create efficiencies in legal processes, including implementing new technology to drive automation where possible.
• Senior qualified lawyer (UK, Germany or other EU qualification) with in-house experience.
• Good knowledge of legal and regulatory concepts, in particular knowledge of German regulatory framework.
• Gambling industry experience desirable, but not essential.
• Excellent English and German oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and experience in managing competing demands.
• A self-driven, curious character who is eager to make an impact by making things happen.
• Someone who is comfortable taking ownership of projects and tasks and seeing them through to completion.
• Someone who is keen to work as part of the legal team and is proactive in working with other teams across the business.
• Someone who is comfortable with exposure to external stakeholders and senior management.
• Excellent manner, communication and problem-solving skills.
• High attention to detail and prioritisation skills.
• Knowledge of the concepts of Anti Money Laundering/Safer Gambling/Data Protection and other corporate and compliance-related rules and regulations.
• A foundation understanding of business information systems and IT specifically as it applies to the online gambling sector.
• Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities. •
Able to work in EU.