BettingJobs are working with a global affiliate business, they own a portfolio of several casino and sports betting sites. They are searching for a DevOps Engineer ideally who will be based in Spain working remotely, other remote locations can be considered for the right candidate. Apply today for a confidential discussion.
The DevOps Engineer is a key member of the DevOps team and is responsible for the administration of the cloud native ecosystem that powers our publishing platforms: including the design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, security and maintenance required to meet the high availability SLAs our clients expect. You are an individual who has a technical mind and has a passion for delivering solutions in the ever-changing world of technology. You will also support the Team Lead with technical decisions and collaborating with teams we support to develop new insights that could further enhance our platform.
What’s important and where you should spend your time each day:
• Contribute to the definition and execution of distributed solutions on top of Kubernetes to achieve our goal of 99.9% availability for our clients;
• Work on the implementation of our custom, cloud native, PaaS solution with the goal of providing the best user experience to the Development and QA teams;
• Use GitOps best practices to achieve continuous deployment on a global scale;
• Contribute to the architecture of our automated build and deployment systems;
• Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of internal system assets;
• Stay abreast of changes to current technology and how it could improve processes;
• Co-ordinate with cross-functional experts throughout the company to validate and develop new insights;
• Work closely with external providers to troubleshoot system issues;
• Participate in On-call rotation for publishing platform.
Determined skills and experience for greater success in this position:
• University degree or diploma in related field and 3+ years previous DevOps experience;
• Have demonstrated an in-depth understanding of the cloud native space;
• Designed and implemented complex CI/CD solutions on Kubernetes in production;
• 1 years of experience working with Kubernetes in production;
• 2 years of experience working with containers in production;
• 2 years of experience working with Git;
• Have experience with AWS, including CF, ELB, S3, EC2 and more;
• Expert analytical and data-driven decision-making skills;
• Creative thinking and motivated self-starter with an ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and technologies;
• Comfortable leading projects from start to finish with minimal supervision;
• Strong ability to work within aggressive and dynamic timelines;
• Excellent team player and positive contributor to the culture of the business.
Strong consideration will be given to candidates that also offer the following:
• Experience writing CM/CI/CD tools in Python or Go;
• Familiar with the GitOps paradigm;
• Experience working with Rancher in production;
• An understanding of CM and the CI/CD methodology;
• Familiar with writing bash scripts;
• Intermediate experience working in a Linux environment;
• Have used or written custom Kubernetes operators;
• Experience with Terraform modules for Openstack infrastructure.