BettingJobs are working with a well known business within the sports betting space, their spread betting product is very successful as well as offering further betting and gaming products. They are searching for a KYC Analyst to join their team in their office in St Albans, apply today for a confidential discussion.
The KYC Analyst is a new role, whose main function will be to support the Legal & Compliance Manager and MLRO on both the Sports and Financial trading sides of the business including carrying out monitoring and due diligence on our clients with regards to financial crime including AML, CTF, ABC and fraud
• Carrying out and analysing KYC checks and the results of client screening
• Investigating and responding to AML and affordability alerts
• conducting reviews of client accounts and undertaking CDD and EDD
• Day-to-day compliance monitoring including managing AML and customer screening (PEPS, sanctions, negative news)
• Managing high risk relationships including with PEPS
• Conducting affordability assessments to determine whether a client’s deposits are affordable and requesting further information where necessary
• Preparing information for investigations from external bodies (Police and SFO & FCA etc.)
• Consideration and investigation of internal SARs and the submission of external SARs to the NCA
• Assisting the MLRO with keeping the financial crime policies and for wide financial crime risk assessment up to date
• Assisting the Legal & Compliance Manager with on-going projects to support the smooth running of the Compliance function.
• Have experience of working in financial crime compliance ideally within an FCA authorised firm or another AML supervised organisation
• Be intellectually curious and have the confidence to follow up compliance concerns using your own initiative
• Have previous experience of carrying out know your customer (KYC), customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence reviews.
• Be familiar with the AML framework including obtaining and analysing source of funds and source of wealth information.
• Have the ability to develop good relationships with other departments and with clients.
• Have proven organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure.
• Have excellent attention to detail and have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Be discreet when dealing with confidential requests.
• Be sensitive, professional and resilient when dealing with customers
• An ICA or equivalent qualification in AML is desirable