Our client in Las Vegas, a major gaming brand, are seeking the hire of an experienced Java development professional.
You'll join our multidisciplinary engineering teams and work with other passionate engineers to build best in class sports betting applications. You will also be a creative contributor to the entire Agile development lifecycle and an inquisitive partner of product delivery.
• Create high-quality web services in Java.
• Work hand in hand with team members around the world to design, build, and deliver innovative applications under tight deadlines.
• Promote a culture of clean, well-organized, and testable code. Help identity and refactor bad practices through code reviews and analyzing the codebase.
• Join on-call rotation responsible for investigating and fixing issues with the live services
• Other job duties as assigned
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience delivering and operating large scale distributed systems.
• Deep understanding of Java internals, networking, and reactive programming techniques. Experience with Vert.x is a plus.
• Knowledge of CI / CD systems and zero downtime deployment techniques.
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
• Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle, best practices such as TDD / BDD, and Agile methodologies.
• Self-motivated and self-managing with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent English communication skills with a propensity towards collaboration, inclusion, and visibility.
• Ability to thrive in a largely remote environment.