A leading gaming operator are looking for a Systems Tech Lead who will be responsible for improving team workflows, identifying, and resolving the potential bottlenecks, and enhance reliability of the product created by the PEG Systems Team. The position is to be located in Malta.
• Working directly with the Systems Architect to architect, plan and deliver projects.
• Proactively identify issues with the current mode of operations and propose new automated alternatives to resolve them.
• Implement solutions with the intent to increase re-usability and simplify usage.
• Adopt the principles of continuous improvement.
• Be a point of reference, and a go to resource for other team members. Excel in team communication and trickling down of knowledge.
• Working on projects from an idea stage to implementation. Willingness to adopt a work-to-finish attitude, recognising that to deliver projects on time working longer hours may at times be required.
• Discuss and communicate with other teams inside the Production Engineering Group, the more general Group IT and other Development areas, proposing appropriate solutions as required.
• Design, administration, and documentation of systems services such operating systems management, config management tooling and systems security
• Guiding the team and assisting with fixing system related issues
• Ensuring that the systems monitoring setup is robust and properly structured
• Escalation support for the Systems Engineers, thus forming part of on-call rota
• Participating in budgeting exercises pertinent to own line of work, this includes liaising with third parties when needed
• Willingness to travel for short periods, to carry out work when and if the need arises
• Provide technical guidance and inspire collaboration between team members
• Understand long-term goals and work alongside the Systems Architect to achieve them
• Demonstrate excellent design, diagnostic and support skills in areas related to system architecture
• Highly conversant in Linux OS and related automation platforms
• Identify areas of improvement and challenge team members accordingly
• Create bottleneck improvements where necessary
• Takes ownership
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
• Present their work, good at instructing and inspiring other team members
• Quality orientated attitude with attention to detail
• Good time management and expectation management skills
• Able to think ahead and anticipate problems
• Applies structured thinking
• Participative style with good teamwork skills
• RedHat certified and/or strong knowledge of RedHat products (including RHEL, Redhat Satellite)
• Exposure to high-transaction environments
• Strong knowledge of config management tools such as
o CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, GoCD)
• Familiarity with virtualized environments
• Automation-First mindset
• An excellent understanding of IT security
• Source control systems (GIT)
• Ability to document technical concepts/procedures
• Public/Private Cloud experience(AWS, Openstack, GCP)
• Designing solutions for Hybrid Cloud environments, utilising Private and Public cloud where appropriate