Betting Jobs are working with a very well-established iGaming and sportsbook company based in Gibraltar looking to add to their tech team with this Web Software Engineer (Full Stack) role.
• Develop and code for client-facing web applications, writing software with focus on great user experience and performance.
• Participate in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets, turning feature requests and technical requirements into a set of re-usable components using elegant code solutions.
• Help us shape the internal software architecture and development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment. Development, operations, testing and others all work together to ship outstanding code to production.
• Strong proven experience experience building websites.
• Expert in MVC web technologies and REST APIs.
• Strong experience with at least one of the dominating scripting languages for web - Ruby, PHP, Python, Elixir, NodeJs. We tend to use Ruby a lot.
• Passionate about web development – you are familiar with all aspects of MVC web applications and at ease on server side, applying the most adequate pattern in the right situation.
• Comfortable working across the stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, middleware, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
• Performance and optimisation experience.
• You have interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches on many of the core systems and user flows.
• A solid engineer – you find something magical about solving problems with elegant but simple solutions. You have deep knowledge of design patterns and are a good problem solver with attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
• A good communicator – you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.