Bettingjobs is working with an iGaming leader who is now seeking to expand their Malta team with a new Digital Content Editor (English speaking)
The newly crafted Digital Content Editor role will have end-to-end responsibility for delivering casino editorial strategy to English speaking international target markets.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate and well-versed in Casino as well as the world of entertainment and who loves writing about it. You have experience in digital journalism, great understanding of search engines, keywords and you know exactly what it means to write content that is a great read.
The Digital Content Editor will:
• Be the first person in to drive the Casino blog and feel comfortable working in an environment where processes and best practices are still being developed and take the lead in setting these up.
• Write casino/entertainment editorial pieces of your own and develop best practice templates to structure our articles.
• Work closely with our search and SEO teams to identify relevant topics and to track performance progress.
• Work closely with technical and design teams to further develop and improve our blog
• Work with Compliance to ensure the content is compliant and appealing in competitive markets
• Sourcing new writers to build out the scale and breadth of our editorial capabilities.
• Supervising the 3rd party content creation process on an ongoing basis to ensure our editorial is genuinely outstanding, compliant, and comparable with the best online casino and entertainment journalism in the world.
• Experience writing casino and/or entertainment editorial content that could be relevant to casino players in a journalistic or marketing context.
• Experience working with search engine best practices and how to write content that is both valuable to read as well as friendly to search engines.
• Understanding and experience of general casino concepts and games is desirable, but not mandatory.
• Commercial acumen and a will to deliver projects that drives increased page views and unique users of the Casino blog.
• Experience in a fast-paced ecommerce environment.
• Basic UKGC gambling regulation knowledge is an asset, but not mandatory
• In-depth understanding of the world of entertainment around topics relevant to Casino players i.e. game shows, celebrities, gossip, lifestyle etc.
• Outstanding written and editorial capabilities and ability to adjust writing style to an entertaining and informal brand tone-of-voice
• Native English language skills
• WordPress skills
• Excel & PowerPoint skills
• Quality obsessed: get it right first time.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to form friendly relations with all stakeholders, while still being able to challenge to achieve desired outcomes on time and budget.